Monday, February 2, 2009

The Heist

Les walked all the tunnels in about an hour and twenty minutes. He was able to find where the bank was located. He also found a good hiding place to wait for Frank. He had been waiting now for about an hour. He was starting to wonder if Frank was actually going to come down today. He had managed to keep his anxiety under control, but if he didn't get out of here he was going to lose it.

Just then his phone lit up the tunnel he had been waiting in. He looked to see who it was. Damn, Indigo. He was hoping to avoid her until the meeting tonight. She was always able to mess with his head.

"Yeah," he answered.

"Where are you?" she asked insistently.

"Why?"

"We have a problem here at the warehouse," she answered.

"What...a problem?" He asked

"Yes, Smalls is on his way here."

"He is supposed to be on a vacation." Les said.

"I know...that's the problem. What do you want me to do?" she asked.

"Who is there with you?"

"Carlos is the only one. He came by this morning to do some work." Indigo answered.

"Okay, I will be there shortly. If he shows up before I get there stall him outside. The last thing I want is for Carlos to know he is there. Keep him outside, do you hear me, outside," Les yelled into the phone.

"Calm down...I will keep him outside. I had already planned to do that anyway. Get here as soon as you can."

Why was Smalls changing the plan. They had made this plan months ago. That feeling of dread was coming back. He was starting wonder if they should walk away from this job altogether.

2 comments: